This is the plan to get if you just want a domain name at a great price. We do not manage your DNS. We don't setup a parking page. We simply register the domain for you, and supply you with access to our easy to use domain managent system. You take it from there.
We are currently offering the following Top Level Domains (TLD): .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .name, .mobi, .co.uk, .org.uk, .us, & .ws. The pricing and registration process varies a bit for them. The following chart lists the prices, and registration periods for each TLD. The longer you register a domain name for, the more you save!
Click on a TLD to learn more about it. Use the form to begin your order.
These are the domains that started it all. The most well known TLD of them all is .com. It was originally intended for commercial (get it?) use, but in the past few years it has seen massive growth for all types of use. The .com domains are harder to come by these days but are still recognized internationally as the business domain. If a .com for your business is not available, be sure to check out the up and coming .biz
Both .net & .org also started out with with specific uses in mind. Networks such as ISP's and Hosting company's were the intended use of .net domains. Non-profit organizations were the target for .org domains. Once the .com explosion happened, people started registering these names as well, just to get their name on a domain no matter what extension it used. These domains are in limited supply now, but there are still thousands being registered daily.
The .biz TLD is a fairly new domain. It went into full "live" status at the end of 2001. The idea behind .biz is to make your domain known as a business, and only a business. .com got so saturated with personal domains, that it has become nearly imposible to get the name that you want registered. .biz is a restricted TLD. This means if you are not operating a business, you can't register a domain. As of January 2002, there are already over 500,000 .biz domains registered.
.info is another of the new TLD's availible today. It is the only unrestricted domain of the 7 new TLD's being introduced, which means that anyone can register a domain. .info is expected to grow rapidly because of this. .info is a great alternative to the hard to get .com.
A .name address is a personal, memorable and lifelong address for your Internet identity. When you get a .name address, it sits on top of your email account and your web page (e.g. your myspace page or your personal website), so you can have one address, for life, no matter which email or web site you use.
Your friends will always know where to find you, your firstname.lastname@example.org for email, and your www.first.last.name for your website, profile page, myspace... wherever your Internet identity is, today or tomorrow.
You own your .name address for life - your name online, your Internet identity.
.mobi is a relatively new TLD. It was designed strictly for portable devices such as cell phones. The idea is that if you have a WAP enabled web site, then you should have a specific domain name that points to it. If your users see a domain that ends in .mobi, then they know they can use their portable device's web browser to access your domain, and everything should work as expected.
For the above reasons, there are the following restrictions for this TLD:
- .MOBI domain names can only contain alphabets a to z, numbers 1 to 9 and hyphens. However, domain names cannot begin or end with a hyphen and cannot have two hyphens in the third place. Spaces and special characters (such as !, $, &, and so on) are never permitted.
- The minimum length permitted is 3 characters while the maximum length is 63 characters (excluding the ".mobi" extension)
- Some names have been Reserved by the .MOBI Registry.
- A web site associated with a .MOBI domain name must be WAP enabled, i.e., it can be accessed using a mobile phone.
.co.uk & .org.uk are the most popular UK addresses. They are the equivelent of .com & .org in the US, with .co.uk being intended for commercial use, and .org.uk for organizations. These are ideal if your primary audience is in UK, or if you wish to extend your reach there.
There are some restrictions on these TLD's imposed by the registry.
- All domains must be registered for 2 years, and renewals are for 2 years as well.
- The .UK Registry does not support any type of domain name Locking/Suspension.
- There is no concept of a Redemption Grace Period in case of a .UK domain name.
Is the .com address that you wanted taken? Chances are, it probably is. .ws was created to solve this. While the real meaning of .ws is Western Samoa, a couple of entrepreneurs thought that it could also stand for website, and give people one more chance to get the name they really wanted. .ws is completely unrestricted, and will work just like .com or any other TLD.
For the very first time all Americans and American organizations will be able to easily register their domain name under .us. "America's Internet address" is now live, and we want you to be one of the first on the net to get your .us address.
* This is a resticted domain name. This means that you must meet the requirements of one the following catagories in order to qualify for a .us domain name. Please specify which category you fall under in the comments field of the order form.
Nexus Category 1
A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (iii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions.
Nexus Category 2
A United States entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or organized, or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof, and unincorporated organizations based in the United States).
Nexus Category 3
An entity or organization (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof) that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories.
- If foreign entity, Applicant must state country of citizenship.
- Check from category list, basis for compliance with Nexus requirement - regularly sells goods in the United States; regularly provides services in the United States; regularly engages in business activities, trade or other business (commercial or non-commercial including not-for-profit) relations in the United States;
- Maintains an office or other property within the United States.